APET metallized films
We offer an in-house metallization process, bringing our wide range of APET metallized rigid films to our customers in EU. Produced in various shades of gold and silver, our APET metalized film is fulfilling the needs of the luxury food producers. Our metalized films are supplied as a mono polymer which can be easily recycled and made from up to 100% rPET.
APET metallized films are a type of packaging material made from APET (Amorphous Polyethylene Terephthalate) that has been metallized. Metallization involves applying a thin layer of metal, such as aluminum, to the surface of the film. This process imparts specific properties and characteristics to the film, making it suitable for various applications.
Here are some key features and uses of APET metallized films:
- Barrier Properties: The metallized layer provides excellent barrier properties. It acts as a barrier to moisture, oxygen, and light, which helps protect the contents of the packaging from environmental factors that could affect their quality and shelf life. This makes APET metallized films particularly useful for packaging sensitive products like food, pharmaceuticals, and electronics.
- Shiny Appearance: Metallized films have a shiny, reflective appearance due to the metal layer. This can enhance the visual appeal of the packaging and make products stand out on store shelves. It’s often used in packaging for high-end or premium products.
- Heat Resistance: APET is known for its heat resistance, and when metallized, it can maintain this property. This makes it suitable for applications where heat sealing or thermal processing is required.
- Barrier to UV Radiation: The metal layer also provides some degree of protection against UV (ultraviolet) radiation, which can be important for products that are sensitive to UV exposure, such as certain chemicals or pharmaceuticals.
- Electromagnetic Shielding: Metallized films can be used for electromagnetic shielding in electronic applications. The metal layer helps block electromagnetic interference, which is crucial for sensitive electronic components.
- Decorative and Branding: The reflective and metallic appearance of these films can be used for decorative purposes or to convey a premium image for products. They are often used in the packaging of candies, chocolates, and other gift items.
- Flexible Packaging: APET metallized films can be used in various forms of flexible packaging, including pouches, bags, and wrappers.
In summary, APET metallized films offer a combination of barrier properties, visual appeal, and versatility, making them suitable for a wide range of packaging applications, especially those where protection from moisture, oxygen, and light is essential, or where a shiny and premium appearance is desired.